Author Topic: Now Playing  (Read 50110 times)

Nemesis

• Dadddddddddio
  • Leader
  • LUCIFER HOT
  • I run this bitch.
Re: Now Playing
« Reply #615 on: March 20, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
Frank Ocean - American Wedding

Why the fuck did he steal the tune from The Eagles - Hotel California...

Broken Hope - Siamese Screams

This was used on the mixtape that made him famous, he wasn't stealing, he used songs that he loved growing up and put his spin on it, and I think he pulled it off very well!

Childish Gambino - Redbone

Just watched Get Out, actually a brilliant movie! And this song was one of the best I've heard in a cinema recently

[SWK]Nemesis
^Founder of SouthWest KillaZ

<+CuddleMaffin> [24] [SAK]amoz: stop calling me anus
<+CuddleMaffin> [24] [SAK]amoz: you know i dont like that

NateR

• Elite
  • LUCIFER HOT
  • Pandas are fucking awesome as fuck!
« Reply #616 on: March 21, 2017, 05:28:20 AM »

This was used on the mixtape that made him famous, he wasn't stealing, he used songs that he loved growing up and put his spin on it, and I think he pulled it off very well!

Just watched Get Out, actually a brilliant movie! And this song was one of the best I've heard in a cinema recently

"Ocean sampled the music from the Eagles' song "Hotel California" on the song "American Wedding" from Nostalgia, Ultra. When asked about it, Ocean stated that Eagles band member "Don Henley is apparently intimidated by my rendition of 'Hotel California'. He threatened to sue if I perform it again." In response to Ocean's comments, the Eagles' legal representative released a statement: "Frank Ocean did not merely 'sample' a portion of the Eagles' 'Hotel California,' he took the whole master track, plus the song's existing melody, and replaced the lyrics with his own. This is not creative, let alone 'intimidating.' It's illegal. For the record, Don Henley has not threatened or instituted any legal action against Frank Ocean, although the Eagles are now considering whether they should."[104][105] Chris Richards of The Washington Post remarked that "certain boomers don't like [Ocean] as much" as "information-age babies" due to the controversy."

Maka

• Elite
  • FUCKING HOT
« Reply #617 on: March 21, 2017, 10:56:42 AM »
TALK TO ME, GOOSE.

Nemesis

• Dadddddddddio
  • Leader
  • LUCIFER HOT
  • I run this bitch.
« Reply #618 on: March 21, 2017, 04:07:02 PM »

"Ocean sampled the music from the Eagles' song "Hotel California" on the song "American Wedding" from Nostalgia, Ultra. When asked about it, Ocean stated that Eagles band member "Don Henley is apparently intimidated by my rendition of 'Hotel California'. He threatened to sue if I perform it again." In response to Ocean's comments, the Eagles' legal representative released a statement: "Frank Ocean did not merely 'sample' a portion of the Eagles' 'Hotel California,' he took the whole master track, plus the song's existing melody, and replaced the lyrics with his own. This is not creative, let alone 'intimidating.' It's illegal. For the record, Don Henley has not threatened or instituted any legal action against Frank Ocean, although the Eagles are now considering whether they should."[104][105] Chris Richards of The Washington Post remarked that "certain boomers don't like [Ocean] as much" as "information-age babies" due to the controversy."

I know about that, but was only talking about Frank's reasoning behind using it - Eagles take on it was a bit much, considering 'We Used to Know' was a tremendous influence on Hotel California. But if moneys involved, than things get a bit more complicated.

But we digress, good music is good music!!

Have a bit of Ed Sheeran and the Hobbit to soothe your soul

[SWK]Nemesis
^Founder of SouthWest KillaZ

<+CuddleMaffin> [24] [SAK]amoz: stop calling me anus
<+CuddleMaffin> [24] [SAK]amoz: you know i dont like that

NateR

• Elite
  • LUCIFER HOT
« Reply #619 on: March 22, 2017, 06:01:35 AM »

I know about that, but was only talking about Frank's reasoning behind using it - Eagles take on it was a bit much, considering 'We Used to Know' was a tremendous influence on Hotel California. But if moneys involved, than things get a bit more complicated.

But we digress, good music is good music!!

Have a bit of Ed Sheeran and the Hobbit to soothe your soul

True that, The Eagles are very money hungry, I wanted to go to a Don Henley show last year but tickets were over $150 for him and some shit band, Not even The Eagles!!!!

Always down for a good tune, Though your post for Ed Sheeran, Can't say I'll be listening, he's not my cuppa tea.

Instead I'll listen to some Misanthropic Black Metal.

Striborg - Where Cold and Darkness Meet

Dacads

• Leader
  • LUCIFER HOT
« Reply #620 on: March 22, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
Dude Ed grew up in the hood 8)

NateR

• Elite
  • LUCIFER HOT
« Reply #621 on: March 24, 2017, 05:49:24 AM »
Dude Ed grew up in the hood 8)

Still doesn't change the fact he's a fucking faggot.

Maka

• Elite
  • FUCKING HOT
TALK TO ME, GOOSE.

NateR

• Elite
  • LUCIFER HOT
« Reply #623 on: March 25, 2017, 12:27:06 AM »
Nice stuff Maka!

Pretty decent cover of Lovesong, The Cure have some great songs.

Seeing Wednesday 13 & Cicadastone tonight, Keen as fuck.

Wednesday 13 - Dead Carolina

Maka

• Elite
  • FUCKING HOT
« Reply #624 on: March 25, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
Yeah, it's not too bad. I don't know many women-fronted punk bands, but that one seems okay. Definitely liked the Cure cover though, but then again The Cure is a great band.

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady
TALK TO ME, GOOSE.

NateR

• Elite
  • LUCIFER HOT
« Reply #625 on: March 26, 2017, 12:46:20 AM »
Yeah, it's not too bad. I don't know many women-fronted punk bands, but that one seems okay. Definitely liked the Cure cover though, but then again The Cure is a great band.

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady

L7, The Distillers, The Moxy, Joan Jett, Just to name a couple...

Buzzcocks eh? Love old school Punk.

Wednesday 13 and Roman Surman did an acoustic show last night, I had only read that couple hours before the show, But it was fucking amazing! A lot of the songs normally Horror Punk style changed to acoustic work rather well.

Wednesday 13 - My Demise (Acoustic)

Wednesday 13 - OJ Did It

Not from the show I went to but the only upload I could find.

OJ Did It isn't on any of his albums, He wrote it ages ago and plays it when they play their acoustic shows, It's been stuck in my head! Wednesday said we can tweet him saying FUCK YOU for getting it stuck in our heads because it's so catchy.

Maka

• Elite
  • FUCKING HOT
« Reply #626 on: March 27, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »
TALK TO ME, GOOSE.

NateR

• Elite
  • LUCIFER HOT
« Reply #627 on: March 28, 2017, 06:40:49 AM »
Drive Like Jehu - Golden Brown

I approve, I like it.

Darkspace - Dark Space III (Full Album)

Been cranking this Ambient / Black Metal album the past few days, Fucking amazing.

Maka

• Elite
  • FUCKING HOT
« Reply #628 on: March 29, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »
TALK TO ME, GOOSE.

Dacads

• Leader
  • LUCIFER HOT
« Reply #629 on: April 01, 2017, 05:38:23 PM »